Bruges! Its cobbled alleys, its dull weather, medieval buildings, the carriages with coachmen either you want it or not ,all this pictures make you feel like living in another century.
Bruges! The capital and the largest city of the provinence of West Flanders in the Flemish Region of Belgium, in the northest of the country. Source wiki.
Unfortunately, my visit in Bruges lasted only few hours as it wasn' t my first destination. However, it was enough in order to it remains indelibly engraved in my heart. Here, i quarantee that you will live the fairytale of your childhood. Its cobbled alleys, its dull weather, medieval buildings, the carriages with coachmen either you want it or not ,all this pictures make you feel like living in another century.
Ready for sightseeings? Let' s go!
- Grote Markt: The central square of Bruges full of restaurants, coffee corners and colorful buildings. Municipality, also located here and a must see is the famous belfry of the city named Belfort with 47 bells recognized as a world heritage. If you are interested you can go upstairs and take unique photos of the city. Check for tickets and more info here.
- The lake of love otherwise Minnewater, which autumn' s colors already got dressed it when we visited it and the snow-white swans as a rulers swimming in its dull waters.
- Go for boating around the canals of the city. You will find many boats which are doing rides and i suggest you to choose nightly rides. Scenery is amazing when city starts lightning at night.
- When wandering around there is no way not to find the second square of the city, Burg square. In this square you will find the Basilika of Holy Blood which according to claims is best known as the repository of a venerated phial said to contain a cloth with blood of Jesus Christ, brought to the city by Thierry of Alsace after the 12th century Second Crusade. Although the Bible never mentions Christ's blood being preserved, one of the apocryphal gospels asserts that Joseph of Arimathea preserved the Precious Blood after he had washed the dead body of Christ. The daily making present of the Blood of Christ during the Mass was central in the religious life of the Middle Age in Europe. If genuine, a relic of the Blood of Jesus would be of utmost significance, a uniquely important witness to Jesus’ Passion and a perpetual reminder of the historical character of the Christian Gospel. Source wiki.
- Chocolate museum: Even though i didn' t visit it, i think it deserve a note for those who may interested and for chocolate' s lovers!
After so much sightseeings i think its time for food.
- Eat french fries with sauce and drink kwak beers served in a special kwak glass. All restaurants serve it.
- Biebrasserie Cambrinus. Historic pub with excellent food. Make a reservation first as most of the time is crowded.
Bruges is a city easily accesible by feet in its sightseeings. One of the top xmas destination. Romantic, magical, ideal, like came out from different century. One of the few cities that i got jealous the locals who stay in it!
Unfortunately, time for depart. Departed but first i gave an open date future appointment! For coming again and stay and relax and joy more and more....