Paris like a tourist with children
Paris, also known as the City of Light (Ville lumière), has been the capital of France and the Île-de-France region since its supply of main avenues with gas-fueled lights in 1828 and one of the more historic cities in Europe. source wiki
One of the most beautiful capitals in Europe, Paris suggests for walking tours for all ages. We visited at the beggining of May and even though we were little bit stressed about if we would manage to explore the city as we travelled with our two children, our young travellers proved big runners. This of course not happen by luck. Disneyland was their gift and we left it for the end of our vacation!Finally, everything depends on how good you' ve made your plan. What if you deviate a little bit from it? Travel is the purpose, not the destination.
In big cities, distance between the sightseeings might be a problem when you don' t have your own transportation. Paris is one of these cities. What had we done for not got dired our young travellers and see as much as we could?
- Take hop on hop off bus including the batobus routes. We saw almost everything without getting tired from the long distances and from searching way of transport.
- Buy the Paris Museum Pass which offers free entrance in most of the museums. Buy it online here.
Our friends chose the Paris Visite Pass which offers unlimited pass in all transports and discounts in many sightseeings. Good option for me if you travel solo.
- Arc de Triomphe
- Sacre-Coer Basilica
- Av. des Champs-Élysées
- Tour Eiffel
- Louvre museum
- Jardin de Luxembourg
- Les invalides and in these complex of buildings are also housed a) Musee del Armee, b)Musee de Histoire, c)Dome des Invalides which contains Napoleon' s tomp and d)Musee des Plans-Reliefs. My son loved the museum with the knights and the amazing armours.
- Englise de la Madeleine
- Opera Jardins du Trokadero
- Alexandre' s III pont
- National museum of natural history
Where to eat:
LOCO in Montmarte. Book a table before you go.
Meeting Corner for a quick stop, good burgers and not expensive.
Travel tips when travelling with children and in Paris.
- Make the travel plan together.
- Before you get insind in a museum, tell them a story about what they are going to see.
- Save time and avoid long queues when booking everything online.
- Use Uber it is cheaper than normal taxis in Paris.
Enjoy Paris, the city that you will visit not only once!